If you have a baby, his or her safety would be your No. 1 priority. Therefore, baby-proofing your entire house is crucial to ensure that they are always safe, especially if you’re not looking at them for a minute or even a second.
Your baby can get hurt even when you‘ve just removed your sight off from them for just a second.
– Frequently bought together –
- Pressure mounted installation for use between rooms with optional hardware mounts included for installation on stairways
- 36" tall gate fits openings 28.5"-45" wide
- Dual locking, auto-close walk through door
- THE ONLY GUARD THAT WORKS SAFELY ON BOTTOM SPINDLES! - Our innovative patent pending baby gate wall protector of four was designed based on YOUR feedback and is the only one in the market that can be mounted on bottom spindles of pressure mounted kid walk-thru babygates. It even works in the stairway of most openings or doorways of your home for maximum protection! Four Wall Nanny are included. Works great with dog and pet gates.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE CAN FIT ALMOST ANYWHERE! - The new designed pad's compact size allows it to be extremely versatile adjustable and secure. It is small enough to fit with almost all walkthrough and retractable gates supported areas in your home such as a staircase or doorway! Can be perfectly mounted in a doorway or areas with a few steps that can cause harm to your little loved one. This small widespan deluxe chelsea super guard saves your trim and paint on walk thru gates.
- KEEP YOUR WALLS DAMAGE-FREE! - Your child and pet's and puppy protection are your first priority but your walls accents need to be protected as well! That's why our four pack of Wall Nanny soft rubber backing prevents any scuffs scratches or dings to your wall/trim or doorway from the pressure mounted screws or bolts! Tags: floor deluxe multi-use inch outdoor stork innovations walk-thru protect locking step girl Dog or Pet shield stork protects toddler toddlers extention partner freestanding
Related: Best baby silicone plates
One of the most important baby-proof products that you can get for your home is a baby gate. These items can prevent your baby or toddlers from going to dangerous places, such as kitchen, staircases, electrical wires, and more. In this article, we would be providing you the best list of baby gates.
1. Summer Infant Multi-Use Baby Gate
Some parents look for a tall gate, which is ideal for them as it prevents from bending too much to open or close the gate. So, if you are one of those parents who is looking for a tall baby gate, then this product is the one for you.
This gate can be hardware mounted or pressure mounted for multi-purposes, which is why this is highly recommended for parents. Not only that, but it also has a door stopper to prevent the gate from swinging wide open towards the staircase. This can fit openings of 28.5 to 45 inches wide.
2. Regalo Super Wide Adjustable Gate
This Regalo Baby Gate is designed to fit on wide openings in your house. This gate is made of steel and available in white or black. Choose a color that can blend well with your furniture. It can also be pressure or hardware mounted and can be expanded to up to 192 inches wide! Now that’s a lot of coverage.
3. North States Deluxe Décor Gate
If you want to use to use a baby that looks more sophisticated, which can complement any houses, this Deluxe Décor Gate would be your best choice. The gate is built from a long-lasting, heavy-duty metal for durability, and finished with an exclusive matte bronze color to complement all types of home décor.
The gate can fit an opening of up to 38.3 to 72 inches wide and has a height of 30 inches, which is tall enough to prevent a baby from crawling into dangerous areas. The gate also offers a one swinging walk-through panel equipped with a double-locking system, for a more secure locking system.
4. Munchkin Easy-Close Metal Gate
Keep your baby crawler and walker safe with this very easy to install pressure gate, which easily opens and shuts quietly. It also has a dual locking system, which is also child-proof to prevent your child from opening it. You can either pressure or hardware mount this gate for an easy installation process.
This is ideal to be used on doorways, halls, and stairways as it stands 29.5 inches high and 29.5 to 35.0 inches wide. The package includes an extension that extends to up to 2.75 inches for more coverage. This is a great addition in case you needed to have a bit more width length. Note that this gate is only for suitable for babies that are 6 to 24 months old.
5. Evenflo Soft and Wide Gate
The soft and wide Evenflo baby gate has a different concept than the other products on this list. Unlike the previous gates above, the Evenflo doesn’t have a door that shuts, and swing opened. But instead, it looks more like the traditional wooden expansion gates that our parents used when we were kids, which you only install and leave it be.
However, as long as it’s not too high for adults to step over, then it would work pretty well in preventing babies from going to areas that they aren’t allowed to. Since you need to walk over this gate, it is not ideal to be used on top or at the bottom of the stairs.
6. KidCo Safeway Gate Review
This is a top-rated baby gate that is best all-around for the top stairs. However, this is only specifically made for the top stairs only. Therefore, it is not suitable for doorways and walkway areas. Some of its criteria are that it doesn’t have a step-over bar at the bottom edge, well-reviewed, and can be attached on walls or railing posts.
Also, it is very sturdy and reliable that could last long and keep your child safe. And for your convenience, it can be operated one-handed and doesn’t automatically swing shut on you.
7. North States Multi-Directional Swing Gate
The North States company is one of the best manufacturers out there that makes safety products for babies, and their baby gate products have most of the best reviews in the market and fairly priced. And this multi-directional swing gate is among them.
Aside from being multi-directional, it also has a triple locking system to ensure your baby’s security and offers you with a peace of mind knowing that your child is away from harm. This gate measures from 28 to 38.5 inches wide and up to 29 inches tall. This is suitable for babies of up to 24 months old.
8. Regalo Home Accents Walk-Thru Baby Gate
Here is another great product from Regalo. This baby gate can stand to up to 37 inches tall, which makes it ideal for 3-year-old toddlers and can fit openings of up to 43 inches wide. This is wide enough to fit on most doorways and walkways of different houses.
As for its design, it is fashioned with a high-end finishing which compliments most house decors and has this New Zealand pine feel on it which makes the baby gate looks more elegant. It can be simply pressure mounted. Therefore, there’s no need for you to use any kinds of tool. Also, its easy-close handle features a one-touch release as its safety lock.
9. GMI Expansion Gate Review
If you want a more classic looking wood gate for your kid, while also complimenting your house, this expandable wooden gate is the best option for you. And since it looks more like a garden fence than a baby gate, you can reuse this when your baby is all grown up.
This classic style wooden gate can expand to up to 36 inches, but if you want a wider gate, you can get the one that can expand to up to 60 inches wide. Its height can be varied from 33 inches tall when fully closed to up to 30 ½ inch when fully extended.
10. Cardinal Gates Auto-Lock System
This Cardinal baby gate is suitable to be placed on the bottom of the stairs. Remember that a staircase is an attractive area for babies to explore who just have learned to walk or crawl. Therefore, it’s very important to use a baby gate on the stairs.
This gate has an auto-lock feature. If you don’t want this kind of feature, then this product is not suited for you. The product comes in white aluminum or classic black, choose a color that you think is most suited for your home. The gate expands to up to 40 inches wide and stands to up to 29.5 inches tall.
1. Why Should I Get A Baby Gate?
If you have a big or a staircase house, it is crucial for you to use a baby gate, that is if you have a baby at home, to make sure that he or she doesn’t go to unsafe areas. Such as the kitchen where they can get close to a heated oven or drawers filled with sharp utensils, the staircase where they can fall and hit their heads, and others.
2. What Type of Baby Gates are Available in the Market?
There are two types of gates that you can find in the market, and these are:
- Pressure Mounted Gate
It uses an expandable spring system to lock the gate in place by squeezing between two surfaces.
- Hardware Mounted Gate
This secures a gate by attaching it on the framings of the walls of your house. Hardware mounted gates are included with brackets, which allows it to installed on the doorframe or the frames behind the walls to secure the gate in place.
3. How Much Does a Baby Gate Cost?
Baby gates can cost for as low as $15 to as high as $150. If you are on a budget, before buying a cheap baby gate, make sure that it has good reviews on the market and if it’s durable enough to last for a few or several years.
4. When Should I Use One?
You can use a gate as soon as your baby can crawl on his or her own. Most parents use a baby gate once their baby is about six months to 2 years old. They would only stop using gates before their child turns 3.
5. How Wide Does a Baby Gate Extend?
Most standard baby gates can extend from 28 to 42 inches wide. However, there are some gates out there that can expand to up to 192 inches wide. This is only suitable for houses that have wide open areas in their homes.
Kids would always want to explore areas and places that they haven’t been through before.
This is okay if only they are old enough to at last walk around the house on their own, but if they’re still just a baby, it’s better if you limit the area that they can go to avoid accidents from happening. Their safety should always be your top priority.