A lot of travelers know that, when it comes to handling cargos, some airport staff doesn’t really help out most of the time. That’s why for parents, especially those who are traveling with their young ones, would often have difficulties. Because of all the baby travel gears, they have to bring along.
Your kid might not need their baby car seat on the plane, but they would surely need once you got to your destination. Traveling by strollers, car seats, and travel bags is important, however, it is also quite risky as you won’t know if the gears can withstand rigidity of travel. And one of the most important things you need to get is the best baby stroller travel bag.
– Frequently bought together –
- WATER RESISTANT DURABILITY AND PROTECTION This is NOT like those cheap, paper thin, 'Ballistic Nylon' bags that allow water to pass through and fall apart the first usage! Made from an extra durable Nylon and Polyester hybrid blend material, sealed with a Water-Resistant liner, our bag keeps your stroller protected from dust, dirt, and water during your travel by train, car, airplane, etc. Double stitching at handle locations ensures they will stay attached.
- EASY TO CARRY Padded adjustable Shoulder sling strap allows for easy carrying over one shoulder. Two individual lift handles on the side, as well as a single one on the back, allow for quick and easy lifts.
- EASY STOAGE INCLUDES A ZIPPERED TOTE BAG FOR STORAGE! Double Press quick clinch closures sewn into a low resistance composite material allow the bag to easily be closed. An extra flap of material with Velcro closure covers the hole left from the drawstring to keep all dirt and grime out
- Protects your car seat from dirt and germs when checking it at the airplane gate. Airline certified
- Made of durable, yet lightweight and water-resistant material with double-stitched seams for strength
- Stuffs quickly into attached spandex pouch. Compact size easily fits in diaper bag, backpack, stroller basket or carry-on bag
Top 8 Best Stroller Travel Bags for Babies Reviewed
8. Gate Check PRO One Size Fits Most Travel Bag
This Gate Check PRO is an extra large travel bag that allows you to carry two strollers or joggers at the same time. The bag can be quite bulky if you use it with a single stroller, but you would definitely enjoy the advantage of having an extra storage.
This travel bag is made from premium ballistic nylon, which is sturdy and durable enough to withstand the harshness of railroad or airplane travels. It is very convenient as it can keep the water, grime, and germs from getting onto the stroller. The bag’s straps are padded and adjustable for added comfort and convenience.
- It has 100% lifetime money back guarantee
- Large enough to fit a double stroller
- Its drawstring clamp doesn’t seem to hold the strings firmly
7. Bububee ‘Elua Double Stroller Travel Bag
When it comes to good convenience, this travel bag brand is definitely a cut above all the rest. Similar to the Gate Check PRO, this travel bag is also large enough to fit a double stroller, whether if it’s a tandem or side by side double stroller. As an advantage, you’ll have an extra space on the bag if you use for a single stroller.
Aside from a large storage, this bag is also a product of the best Oxford nylon, which is water-resistant and tough enough to prevent wear and tear. Therefore, it can also withstand the crowding of luggage in cargo bins and can keep the stroller dry, scratch, and dust-free.
- It can fit joggers, car seats, and double bob with wheels
- Padded straps for comfort
- It’s a bit expensive but definitely worth the price
6. Britax B-Agile Stroller Bag
The Britax Stroller Travel Bag is big enough to fit most kinds of strollers, all you’ll have to do is fold the stroller and fit it inside the bag, even with the stroller’s wheels. The bag can offer an effective protection from rain, dust, and other kinds of harmful elements. The travel bag is made from durable nylon, which makes the product best suited for those kinds of purpose.
Unlike other stroller travel bags out there, this product is attached with backpack straps so that you can easily and comfortably carry your kid’s stroller. The included straps are removable and padded for an extra comfort.
- It offers the stroller with protection from congested cargo bins
- Padded straps
- One size fits for all
- The materials sued for this product is not sturdy enough
5. Angel Baby Umbrella Travel Bag
If you own an umbrella stroller, then this product is the ideal stroller travel bag for you. It is made from polyester materials that can protect your child’s stroller from grime or dirt, whether if it is placed in a car trunk, plane, or in a storage cabinet.
What makes the bag different is its drawstring closure, which has an adjustable lock to make the closing and opening easier. Most customers order the red colored one, as it makes the bag easily identifiable and recognizable. Another great feature of this product is its “Fragile” sign on the bag’s surface, which will warn the baggage handlers to handle it with care.
- All weather use
- Included with a zip-up pouch
- Ideal for umbrella strollers
- It doesn’t have a shoulder strap
4. goSMART Stroller Travel Bag
As its name says in the market, the bag is large enough to fit most strollers, other types of dual strollers, and joggers. If you use for a single stroller, it would still be big enough to put your baby’s diapers, change of clothes, and other baby necessities for travel.
The materials used for the bag is quite similar to a high-grade military material, which is dust and water resistant. The travel bag is quite thick, yet lightweight enough to easily carry the stroller around during travel. It also does a great job when it comes to keeping the stroller germ-free, clean, and dry during the wet season.
- It has a white ID box under the logo for customization
- 100% dirt, water, and germproof
- Large enough to fit most baby strollers
- Back straps are padded for comfort
- It’d not durable for numerous times of travel
- The bag’s closure system doesn’t have a Velcro flap
3. BOB Single Stroller Bag
Now, this stroller travel bag is unlike the rest, mostly because of its physical feature as it has a hard shell case. This single stroller travel bag can fit most generic and branded types of strollers. However, it does have enough space to fit a tandem or double side by side strollers. To perfectly fit the stroller in the bag, you should first fold the stroller properly.
Another reason why the bag is one of a kind is its several strap provisions, which are placed inside the bag. The straps will help hold the stroller in place while moving the bag around. The straps go around the stroller’s wheels and around its body.
The travel bag looks quite similar to a travel suitcase, and it even has its own wheels for easier carriage. It also has a heavy-duty handle to have an excellent grip if you prefer carrying the bag.
- It has support straps to prevent damages or bent axles in the stroller
- It has an easy to follow instructions
- Made of high-quality
- Equipped with wheels for easy carriage
- It’s much bulkier than other stroller bags
2. Compono Stroller Travel Bag
The Compono travel bag can fit most brands of the umbrella and single strollers alike. However, you have to fold the stroller in the prescribed dimensions to perfectly fit inside the travel bag. The bag is made from sturdy nylon, mixed with a polyester hybrid, to offer a guaranteed protection from the rain.
The bag has an extra layer of water-resistant materials to increase protection. The bag has two handles on its side for an easier lift carry. It also has a strap at the pack and a padded shoulder string for comfort and convenience. When it comes to its closure system, it looks quite similar to the Bububee brand as it also consists of Velcro cover flap, string, and clamp to keep the dirt from coming in.
- 100% money back guaranteed
- Can fit all brands of the umbrella and single strollers
- Water resistant
- Padded shoulder string
- It has a Velcro cover strap
- It can only fit a single or umbrella stroller
1. VolkGo Durable Travel Bag
This is only ideal for infant car seats, but it can also be used for small-sized strollers. This travel bag can fit car seats in different sizes. The bag is made from nylon, which makes it ideal to protect the stroller form dusty airport terminals. It is also durable enough to withstand the harsh handling of gate-checked baggage.
It’s robust and hygienic enough the punctures and scratched that it would receive from handlers. Aside from that, the bag is also waterproof to keep the stroller dry. And for convenience, the bag has backpack-style straps at its back, two straps on its side, and a single handle on its front.
As for its closure system, it consists of a Velcro flap cover, a pair of drawstrings, and a string clamp. This would help secure the small stroller or car seat in place and protect it from water, dust, and germs.
- It has a 1-year warranty
- It has a free e-book bedtime story which you’ll receive via e-mail
- 3 style carry straps
- Water and dust resistant
- Can fit different sized car seats and small strollers
- The bag’s straps aren’t padded
1. Why Should I Use a Baby Stroller Travel Bag?
There are a lot of reasons why you should use a travel bag, let us list down several benefits below from using a stroller travel bag:
- It keeps the stroller clean
- It keeps it dry
- It will protect the stroller when gate-checked
- It provides an extra space
- It enables the stroller to last longer
2. Do I Really Need To Use a Stroller Bag?
Some airlines don’t allow a baby stroller inside the plane as a carry-on baggage, however, small collapsible strollers that can fit inside the overhead bins can be an exception, but this would still depend on the airline’s policy.
Otherwise, you would have to gate-check your child’s stroller. If you want to protect your child’s stroller from dirt, grimes, scratches, damages, and others, then you should consider using a stroller bag.
3. How Much Would a Bag Cost Me?
The product’s price would depend on its brand, quality, and supplier. The stroller bag’s price may range from $10 up to $200. However, do not focus on the product’s price, you should look at its durability to make sure that you can still use it after several years.
4. Does It Have Handles or Straps?
Yes, most stroller bags have a backpack style strap, carry handles, and a sling strap for portability. However, there are some bags out there that don’t have handles or straps, so make sure to first check the bag if it is included with straps and/or handles for convenience.
5. Is The Bag Compatible to All Kinds of Strollers?
If you are using a tandem, side by side strollers, or joggers, you will need an extra large bag to be able to fit it in the travel bag. But if you have a single stroller, you either use a bag that is specifically made for single strollers or an extra large bag, this way you would have enough space to use just in case you use a double stroller.
Travelling with baby is hard!
One of the most stressful things that parents ever encounter is when traveling with a baby or a toddler. It’s not because they have to bring their kids since of course, they would want to bring their child along for a vacation, but because of the travel preparation as they’ll have to bring all of their child’s essentials, such as strollers, suitcases, baby bags, and others.
Therefore, in order for you to make it possible to ‘travel light’, we have listed down the best stroller travel bags below, which will make it easier for you to carry the stroller around during the travel.
All the bags listed are durable enough to withstand the harsh travel and would be able to protect your baby’s stroller from scratches and others.
Whether you are planning to travel with your baby via a train, airplane, boat, or your family car, using a stroller travel bag is a necessary addition to your baby travel gear pack.
It would help keep the stroller from dust, dirt, water, grime, and prevent it from getting scratches. It would also make your child’s car seat and stroller last longer, above all else, it would keep them functional, clean, dry, and would still look good as new.