Changing diapers, and changing diapers, and changing more diapers. As a new parent, you will change approximately 2,700 diapers by your baby’s first birthday.
That is a whole lot of diapers. While you are changing that many diapers, you are bound to want a comfortable and functional changing table to do the job right.
We have dedicated this article to the Stokke changing table. We will outline the Stokke changing table, giving you details about this product.
We hope this buyer’s guide will give you all the information you need to decide if the Stokke changing table is right for you, your baby, and your baby’s nursery.
First, we will discuss why a changing table is a purchase you should consider for you, your baby, and your baby’s nursery.
Why purchase a changing table?
Changing a baby’s diaper can be a tricky and unpleasant experience. There are multiple choices on where and how to change those diaper mess.
When diaper changing time becomes less of an unpleasant experience it can become a quality bonding time for you and your baby.
One thing that can make the whole experience much easier is finding a good baby changing table for baby’s nursery.
A changing table gives you a specific location to take care of any dirty work. Changing tables offer a useful, clean, and safe place to be your diaper changing post.
Most changing tables offer a variety of storage that can be used for extra diapers, wipes, creams, lotions, blankets, and even toys. A changing table is a purchase every parent can use and makes a great baby shower gift.
What should you look for when buying a changing table for your nursery?
- Compare heights of different changing tables. Some changing tables may not be suitable for taller parents. Ensure you are not straining your back or shoulders while changing your little one.
- Ensure you are comfortable standing at the changing table. There are different options when it comes to changing tables, some place the parent beside the child. Other changing tables place the parent at the child’s feet. Which position is more comfortable for you?
- Pay attention to the placement of shelves and drawers, making sure they are accessible. Can you easily reach the diaper changing supplies?
- Changing tables, with adequate storage, have drawers or shelves that allow for you to easily store baby’s essentials. Look for storage that allows for baby’s necessities to be within an easy arm’s reach.
- Ensure that the drawers, shelves, or baskets are big enough to be useful, multiple compartments are helpful for all baby’s essentials.
- Check the sturdiness of the changing table’s legs, ensuring it does not wobble.
- Safety guardrails surround your baby with security. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends railing of a changing table to be at least two inches high on each side.
- For added safety, confirm the changing table comes with safety straps to keep active babies safe from rolling off the table.
The following review is for the Stokke Care Changing Table:
Stokke Care Changing Table
This review is of the Stokke Care changing table. This changing table is designed to grow with your child. The Stokke Care changing table converts to a play table, a student desk, and a book / media shelf.
Made of cultivated beechwood, this changing table is strong and durable and promotes an adjustable height to suit any parent.
The Stokke Care changing table boasts an hourglass shape. This unique design allows parents to face their child while on diaper duty.
This position allows for more direct eye contact and increases the bonding while changing baby’s diaper. Standing at the baby’s feet also gives parents more control over an active child while reducing strain on the back and shoulders.
The space under the changing table provides room for your feet, allowing you to stand closer to your baby for a better range of motion.
Included with your purchase of the Stokke Care changing table is a changing pad, two large storage baskets, two side plastic containers, two hangers, and a changing pad with bumper. Ample storage space is available on the shelves of this changing table.
This product is easy to assemble and is an environmentally friendly option. The Stokke Care changing table offers 360 degrees of safety bars.
Stokke offers a 7 year warranty on the wooden components of their Care changing tables.
Let us summarize what the Stokke Care Changing Table offers:
- Grows with your child
- Strong and durable design
- Offers an adjustable height, up to 38.6” to suit any parent
- Fosters play and interaction with a unique hourglass design
- Reduces back and shoulder strain
- Includes changing pad, two large baskets, and two side plastic containers
- Easy to assemble
- Environmentally friendly
- 360 degrees of safety bars
- 110 pound weight capacity
- 7 year warranty on wooden componets
Stokke offers a changing table that grows with your child. Not only does this changing table make diaper changes enjoyable and intimate, it will be there for your child for years to come.
We are confident this buying guide has given you the information you need to decide if the Stokke changing table is right for you, your baby, and your baby’s nursery.
We are optimistic you will find the perfect changing table for your baby’s room. We also hope you are able to foster play and interaction, with your baby, during diaper changing times and all times for many years to come.